Wednesday, September 1, 2010

pancakes - beginning of a great (fat) relationship

P9020694Don't get me wrong- I absolutely love my roommate M, but there's a few things I wish I could change about her. Most importantly: I wish she ate more of my frickin food. I mean, I can eat only so many brownies and cookies by myself before I turn into a fat pig. (And honestly, a lot of these delicious baked goods that I make are either thrown away or indulged by me on my "fat kid days"). This leads me to my next statement: (once again- no diss to M, but..) I love my new roommate A!

P9020662P9020665
Okay- I love both my roomies to fucking death, that's a given. But the reason I'm excited to have A move in is because she loves to eat! She enjoys food just as much as me, she watched the Food Network just as much as me, and she more willing than myself to indulge on the types of food I make. Yayyy!

P9020667P9020669
Bright and early one morning, we wake up and I see her wandering through the kitchen looking for something to eat. I typically don't eat when I first wake up (ironic, seeing as how breakfast is my ultimate favorite meal of the day), but I figured I'd whip up our first breakfast as official roommates. (Notice I said roommates, because obvi this bitch has been baking and cooking with me for ages: White Chocolate and Lime Cookies, Banana Cream Pie, Key Lime Pie, Caramel Nut Chocolate Tart, and so much more).

P9020674P9020676
If anyone is keeping track here, this would be my second time making pancakes, ever, even from a box. (First time was the Whole Wheat Pancakes at my parents' house). Seeing as how I'm partially a pancake virgin, I asked A to take over the flipping at first. (Note her talented hand pouring the batter.)

P9020682P9020684
After a bit of practice, I decided to take my attempt at batter-pouring. Apparently I'm not quite much of a pancake pro yet, but I'm definitely on my way. (And yes- it wouldn't be my type of breakfast without a little bit of chocolate).

P9020689P9020693
For once, I looked upon a huge batch of food I just created, and wasn't worried as to what I would do with it. Luckily, my tiny little roommate A (whom I have no fricken clue as to how she can stay that small while eating so much) will help me greatly in the consumption of this pile of flapjacks.

P9020697
As A went through pancake after pancake, I finally brought myself to eating just one pancake for breakfast (chocolate chip, of course). I typically try to stay away from too much sweets (which is practically impossible actually), but whatever- I mean, one pancake can't be that bad for you, right?

P9020709P9020716
Okay... One turned into two... Two turned into three... And then my memory just blacked out. These were pretty damn decent pancakes for being made from scratch in literally three minutes.

P9020703P9020713
A and myself made a pretty huge dent in those eight servings (pshh, no way that was eight servings) of flapjacks.

P9020717
And so this concludes the beginning of happy relationship in our new household.

---RECIPE---
Taken from All Recipes: "Good Old Fashioned Pancakes".

ingredients:
1+1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1+1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

directions:
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

amount:
Makes 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment