Tuesday, March 9, 2010

blondies - 39 square inches between 2 girls?

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 35Being that my cousin was not used to the "new" me (as in the "baking" and "cooking" me), I absolutely had to show her my new talents. The banana cupcakes were just not doing it for me, so I needed something that I knew was a no-fail and show-off type of recipe. What better to use than my "famous" blondies? My boyfriend and his family seemed to have loved them, so I was hoping that my sweet-toothed cousin would hopefully feel the same as well. And quite honestly, no one in their right mind would dislike these gooey chunky bricks of deliciousness.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 01chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 05
I've made these blondies numerous times before, so the recipe was basically ingrained in my head.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 07chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 11
My fellow dough-eater and I tested out this batter and concluded that regular cookie dough was much better tasting (especially the white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie dough). I had to reassure my-blondie-virgin that although the batter wasn't up to par, that these blondies on the other hand would be amazing.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 27
I'm glad she took my word for it, because once she had a slice of these extraordinary blondies, she was instantly hooked. I used the typical chocolate chip, white chocolate chip, toasted walnuts, and toasted coconut to saturate the chunky blocks of cookie.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 14chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 15
We could barely keep our paws off these little creatures that by the end of the night, an entire 1/3 portion of the 9x13 inch baking pan was finished. Yes, you heard me; two somewhat-tiny girls ate around 39 square inches of pure blondies.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 25chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 23
Our amazing feat did not come without consequences though. We both went to bed with an uneasy stomach (my stomach was particularly unhappy, but I won't get into the gruesome details) and we both decided that a much-need gym trip was to be planned for the following day.

chewy chunky blondies with chocolate chips, coconut, walnuts - 30
Good new though- I introduced my cousin not only to my newly-found baking skills, but also to these out-of-this-world blondies. She even asked me specifically for this recipe once she got home so that she could bake them for a bake sale. I absolutely love sharing my baking with others; it just makes my life complete.

---RECIPE---
Click here for my famous blondies recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment