Sunday, February 14, 2010

valentine's day - cookie bouquet - the keys to his heart

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 29It's so much easier for guys than girls when it comes to gift giving for Valentine's Day. I mean, I can't just give my boyfriend a bouquet of flowers... or can I? My ingenious brain came up with the idea of a cookie bouquet- complete with blooming and beautiful cookies! I bought lollipop sticks from the craft store and I planned on using his favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for making the tiny adorable cookies. To go along with the V-day theme, I even replaced the chocolate chips with red and pink M&M's. I am too adorable for my own good.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 03chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 06
Not gonna lie- I can make this cookie dough in 10 minutes flat, and I don't even need to look at the recipe.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 08chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 10
I got the idea of using the red and pink M&M's after I ate my boyfriend's mom's entire bag of these, lol.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 12chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 14
I really wasn't even sure if these would come out, because I didn't see any similar ideas online (they all used sugar cookies or other tougher cookies).

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 25
Despite my premonitions of these cookies immediately falling off the sticks, they surprisingly adhered to the sticks snuggly. Adorable much? (notice my Team Edward mug in the back- I have to rep Twilight as much as I can).

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 19chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 17
So they didn't look like a bouquet so-to-say, but they got the concept across nonetheless.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 31chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 38
My boyfriend loved the gift and loved the idea. I knew he would like them way more than actual flowers (cookies are the key to his heart).

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 42
Although I had to slightly overbake these cookies (to ensure they would not fall off), they still tasted like good ol' Cook's Illustrated's "Thick and Chewy" (my boyfriend's undoubtedly favorite cookie).

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 43chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 48
Ok I know these pictures are overboard... But I thought these were just too adorable for me not to take this many pics.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 50chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 52
All these cookies were happily eaten within a day or so, unlike their friends the caramel cupcakes.

chocolate chip cookie lollipop - cookie bouquet (valentine's day) - 54

---RECIPE---
Taken from Cook's Illustrated.

Recipe found here

6 comments: