Monday, December 21, 2009

eggnog cookies - a.k.a. "christmas cookies"

eggnog cookies - 09I was just recently re-introduced to the lovely taste of eggnog by my friend. I had forgotten how creamy and delicious this crazy mixture of raw egg and milk tasted. I bought a tiny bottle to drink and to give my boyfriend a taste (he obvi didn't like it) but I decided to seek out interesting recipes incorporating this deliciousness. I found Mrs. Field's Eggnog Cookie recipe and couldn't resist... I just had to bake it!


eggnog cookies - 01
I found this bad boy in Walmart for a bone and some change- 'twas a sign.

eggnog cookies - 03eggnog cookies - 04
Typical cookie mixing process, yada yada.

eggnog cookies - 05eggnog cookies - 06
But then add the eggnog... 1/2 cup to be exact. The dough was pretty liquidy, but with the inclusion of the spices, it was very delicious (almost like the Apple Pie Cookie).

I'm sure you're more than familiar with the drill by now – into the fridge, to reappear a week later.

eggnog cookies - 07
And bam- delicious chewy spiced cookies. Mrs. Field's really knows her shit.

eggnog cookies - 10
My favorite part- After I baked the full batch, my boyfriend (like clockwork comes by the oven once cookies are done) asked me what types of cookies they were. I simply said "Christmas cookies" because in some respect it is.

eggnog cookies - 12
He tried it and said they were really good. I had to rub it in his face that it was in fact an Eggnog Cookie teehee.

eggnog cookies - 13
Typical Christmas photo shoot with the notorious "Christmas cookie".

---RECIPE---
Taken from Recipe Link, but supposedly it's from Mrs. Fields.

ingredients:
2+1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (I didn't have any, so I omitted)
1+1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter (softened)
1/2 cup eggnog
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large egg yolks
1 tablespoon nutmeg (For garnish, but once again, I didn't have any)

directions:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. In a large bowl cream sugar and butter with a mixer to form a grainy paste. Add eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat on medium speed until smooth.
4. Add flour mixture and beat at low speed just until combined. Do not over mix.
5. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet 1-inch apart. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Tranfer to a rack to cool.

amount:
Makes about 30 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment